The Ethiopian manuscript collections in France reflect the centralized organization of the institutions : the National Library preserves, at the Oriental Manuscripts department, more than a thousand volumes when other municipal or monastic libraries hold resources that are rarely more than a dozen volumes.
1914: «Catalogue des manuscrits éthiopiens des bibliothèques et musées de Paris, des départements et des collections privées», Revue de l’Orient Chrétien, 2e série, t. 9, vol. 29, pp. 3-16, 247-265.
Produced just before the First World War, this inventory then lists 75 manuscripts in 12 holdings other than the National Library : 2 manuscripts at the Institute de France (but R. Beylot indicates a mistake on the shelf number attributed to one of the two manuscripts henceforth preserved at the National library) ; Library of the National Museum of Natural History, 1 manuscript ; Cohen collection comprising 44 pieces (henceforth deposited at the National Library of France) ; National Institute of Oriental Languages and Civilizations INALCO (1 manuscript that seems to have disappeared) ; Library of Sainte-Geneviève (1 manuscript from Däbrä Libanos bought in1905, shelfmarked 3511, contrarily to the shelf mark indicated by Chaîne) ; Aix-en-Provence ; Arras (1 manuscript that has certainly burnt in the 1915 fire of the library) ; Besançon (2 pieces described by Zotenberg in the General Catalogue in 1897).